Time has published their list of the 100 greatest YA books. Take a look and see how many you’ve read. You can also vote for your favorite.
Lakeland Library Region’s Winter Reading Adventure is in full swing! If you’re looking for some adventurous books to help you complete the “read 3 books” task, here are some suggestions:
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Every Day by David Levithan
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Partials by Dan Wells
- This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Hey Manga fans! We’ve got two additions to the library’s ever growing Manga collection. We’ve got the much loved Fullmetal Alchemist series for you to delve into as well as volumes 1-12 of Death Note. Whether they are old favorites or you’re reading them for the first time, you can pick them up here at the library.
We’ve got more series on the way, including one that I’m personally pretty excited about. I won’t tell you which one it is, but I’ll leave you with a big hint. It also an anime, a major motion picture adaptation is in the works, and the series stars these two:
Go on a reading adventure this winter with the Lakeland Library Region and North Battleford Library. Complete one of the tasks below to enter our prize draw at the end of February. Each activity you complete earns you an entry into the draw.
- Read 3 books
- Make a collage
- Write a story or a poem
- Solve the North Battleford Library’s Book In A Jar mystery
Fun for the whole family!
But libraries are about freedom. Freedom to read, freedom of ideas, freedom of communication. They are about education (which is not a process that finishes the day we leave school or university), about entertainment, about making safe spaces, and about access to information.
– Neil Gaiman
Autumn is a wonderful time of year. The leaves are changing colour. The NHL regular season has started. You can’t turn around without finding a new pumpkin spice flavoured product of some kind. And best of all, the newest season of Walking Dead begins on Sunday! To celebrate, we’ve created a list of books filled with zombies. As always, you can pick up or request them from the library!
- Monster Island by David Wellington
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga
- Pride and Predjudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Green
- Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection by Don Roff
- The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- Zombies vs. Unicorns, edited by by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
- Zom-B by Darren Shan
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Maron
- Eat Brains Love by Jeff Hart
- The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
- Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- The Walking Dead (comics) by Robert Kirkman, et al.
- The Stupidest Angel: A Heart Warming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore